Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax (headache) day

I sat down and actually did our taxes about two weeks ago now. It took me two weeks to come to terms with the thought of owing so much, though, and actually filing. I'm positive my situation is not unique. This is what happens when you're a freelancer and you don't hold out enough on your own, thinking you'll just double up on the next check you get. That just never happens...

I'm not sure really what I saved by waiting until now to finalize everything. I could just kick myself! Now I have to write checks and rush off to the post office and compete with the other sorry saps who did the same thing I did in waiting until the last minute. At least then it will be done and out of my hair, I guess. I've come to the conclusion that I've really got to figure out a way to break my procrastination habit. I'll get right on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails