Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Eight paws up for Brown Dog Boutique!

A couple weeks ago I stumbled on the blog of Brown Dog Boutique through Etsy's forums. The blog is great and being a dog owner, I had to go check out the shop for myself! I ordered a Brady's Hand-Dipped Biscuits Treat Kit. I've never made dog biscuits before, but it sounded pretty simple and I do love giving our pups wholesome treats. 

The kit was as cute as could be when it arrived! Inside was a bone-shaped cookie cutter, a cute recipe card, peanut butter chips, personalized bags and a nice note from Katie, the owner of Brown Dog Boutique. I chose the small cookie cutter, the silhouette of a sporting breed and peanut butter chips. Peanut butter is like the ultimate treat around here. As soon as I opened the package, the dogs were circling like vultures to try to get those chips! 

There are only a few ingredients needed to make the dough and it was very easy to mix up and then eventually knead by hand. I just rolled it out on wax paper on my kitchen table, cut out the bone shapes, popped them in the oven for 45 minutes or so and they were done. Easy! I threw the whole cookie sheet into the fridge overnight and then this morning melted the chips in a double boiler and dipped one end of each bone into it.

As you can see from the action shot, Connie (orange, blurry one nabbing the treat!) just couldn't "leave it" any longer!

This was a fun little project that I'm positive any dog-lover would enjoy. And the finished treats make great gifts to friends in the personalized bags! Along with a variety of awesome treat kits, Brown Dog also has a fun line of personalized stationery. Please stop by Brown Dog Boutique and check out all the neat doggie things they have to offer. Tell them Connie and Caesar sent you... Woof!



7 comments:

  1. your pups are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are soo cute! looks like they looove the treats too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Those look adorable. Did the dogs like them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for such a nice post! I really appreciate it, and I'm so glad you like your treat kit! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Patricia, glad to have you along... I'm going to try to update here this week. It's been a while for me, but I haven't forgotten about my blog. Things have been a little nutty at work and at home. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails