Saturday, May 9, 2009

Today was a good day.

I started today (Friday) with an unfinished project – the pendant I started working on last night for a custom order. Long story short, lots of wire-wrapping of small and even smaller beads and my temporary workspace (okay, the living room couch) just doesn't have good lighting and it was getting late.

It was sunny this morning and into the early afternoon, flooding the living room with light, and I was getting ready to sit down and get back to it when my phone rang. It was the HR person from my old job (the one I've been gone from for a year now) and she was calling to offer me a position. Same responsibilities as I had previously, but for now 30 hours a week with full benefits. I was so relieved/excited/freaked out! Well, of course I accepted it and start back on Monday. 

Which is right about when my mom walked in with a new perennial for me. She was delighted to hear that, after a year, I was going back to work. Honestly, she was probably more relieved than I was (she's quite the worrier). So we found a spot in one of the front beds for the Lithodora (pics to come soon, I'm sure) and planted it before it started raining. 

After mom left, I finally got a chance to sit down and finish the pendant. By then it was raining and dark (go figure), so I brought out another lamp and got to work. I'm really happy with the way it turned out and my fellow Etsyan was very pleased as well. I'm sending it out already tomorrow (which by now is today, Saturday). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails