Friday, March 27, 2009

So much to do and running behind (as usual).

So, you'd think I would have learned from the weekend before last about getting everything ready to go to the craft fair in the morning. But, here I sit, goofing around, cruising the Etsy forums, chatting with my friends on facebook... Fortunately for me, I never completely unloaded my husband's car, so much of my set-up is still in there from the last show. I feel bad though, I had great organizational aspirations. I bought a couple snap-top bins that will fit everything from my new necklace busts to table linens. Who am I kidding, they're cotton-blend sheets, not linens – which, by the way, are a great and inexpensive way to cover and dress your tables. They come in many colors, a few different sizes and have finished edges. I picked up a flat black sheet and a neutral beige one from Wal-Mart for around $5 each. If something happens to them or the black begins to fade, I'm not out much and can replace them easily. (That's my money-saving tip. I'd rather spend it on pretty beads!)

So, I'm excited about this show tomorrow and tad nervous. Pre-craft show jitters is all, not too bad though. This one is called CraftMafia and takes place at Leapin Lizard Gallery in Covington, KY. It's just a short drive for me, maybe 25 minutes or so. It's a two day show, but it worked out for me that I have a family function on Sunday and they had another vendor who couldn't make it Saturday, so it seemed like a no-brainer to me and to them. I found out about it at the last minute so I was lucky to get in at all. Hopefully it will be busy.

I'm also excited because tonight I opened a ProPay account, which means I can begin accepting all four types of major credit cards tomorrow. (I know, it's very quick!) I'm curious to see how it will impact my sales, or if it will. Hard to say until I try it. At the last show I ended up having to take a check from a lady who bought one of my necklaces. I was slightly embarrassed when she went to hand me her credit card and I had to tell her I couldn't accept/process it. My stomach sank. I thought I might have blown the sale. She had been around earlier and actually came back and brought her husband to show him the necklace she was thinking of buying. She asked if I'd take a check and I agreed to and it went through just fine, I just always worry about them.

Well, I better do what I set out to do this morning and get all my stuff packed up. At least CraftMafia doesn't start until 11 am, so I won't have to be up at the crack of dawn. That does not, however, give me any guarantee that my dogs won't wake me up at 6!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails